Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sad news

I just got off the phone with my sister who shared the news that my Grandfather, Paul Purvis, passed away last night.  He was 93 and had been struggling with his health recently.  It has been a few years since I last saw him, but the memories are very fresh.  Jim does a great impersonation of Grandpa, which I will have to ask him to do again for me.  One of the things I noticed about Jim when we were dating, is that he holds his coffee mug the same way as Grandpa - the thumb resting on the cup handle and then moving back and forth.  A weird little thing.  I was his "fancy Nancy" and I will miss him so much!  What a great reunion we will have in heaven :-)  As Grandpa always said, "and that's the way it twas."  My love to all the family as you mourn and remember and celebrate the man that was Dad, Grandpa and Great-Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment