Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finishing Touches

Spending today organizing and reorganizing all the luggage.  The ultimate goal is to fit as many of Jim's books into the suitcases as possible.  I have high hopes!  Looking forward to the dinner Mom is preparing for us - a roast and the best sweet summer corn in the world.  I think both are hard to come by in Indonesia.  The kids are getting excited and I'm worrying about what I might forget to do or bring.
On my drive to PA yesterday, the radio played "Give me Jesus" and it really ministered to me.  The line "you can have all this world...just give me Jesus" helped me put everything in perspective.  All the stuff we have been donating, packing, moving, etc...isn't important.  I'll survive where we live and how we live as long as I have Jesus!
30 hours left in the states...it's the final countdown!!  Please pray  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Awfully lonely looking house across the street this morning. I think I'll have to go over an push the swing a few times a week to make sure it still works! Best of look on your travels. - John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    Just an idea.... you could send over Pastor Jim's book in a sag. I did that a few years ago.. Don't know if they are still doing that at USPS. It was pretty cheap.. Doesn't matter how much it weight.. as long as the books fit in the sag. Then you can have all these empty luggage for something else :) But it is not the best condition for the books, though. :) So I think if those books are precious to him, he might not want to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! please keep us updated on this blog (or via Facebook!) See you tomorrow in good old Elmhurst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right Nancy, As long as we have Jesus we have all we need. Godspeed my friends You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers sent your way!!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete