Monday, August 20, 2012

stories as promised

So I am up and it is 2:45am Jakarta time and Mary is sitting next to me in the dark.  I'll tell you the memorable stories leading up to our departure.
Jim decided he needed to finish his last can of fish that he had been saving instead of eating the breakfast his mom had prepared for us.  I had just put on my outfit that would have to last me through the long trip.  Della decided that she wanted a bite of fish.  As Jim reached over me with the fork, all the oily, smelly fish dropped onto my sweater and into my lap!  If you know me, you know I was not a happy camper!  Now I had to strip down and get my clothes washed and dried in one hour.  I was not going to smell like fish the entire flight!  I decided that I would look back and laugh some day.

On the car ride to Queens, Anna was expressing that she was a little scared of going on the plane.

 Della reached over and took Anna's hand and said "Don't be scared, Anna, I'll take care of you."  It was the most precious thing ever.

Yesterday, we were treated to Kidzania at the mall in Jakarta.  You buy a ticket to go into this mini town where the kids dress up like doctors, scientists, hairdressers, etc.... and are given a job to complete and get paid pretend cash.  The parents watch through the windows and I was able to have great conversations with two different families.  Many people are curious about Mary's hair and if we are in town for holiday.  One family is headed to Houston next week on a business trip!  It was great fun, but Jim ended up carrying Della for three hours as she slept on his shoulder!  We got home and the kids went straight to bed, too tired to even eat dinner.  They want to go back and try some more jobs next time.  Grocery shopping today and safari tomorrow.  We are enjoying our "honeymoon" week.  Pretty soon...work work and more work!  Trying to post pictures.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to read the stories....yeah-I don't blame you one bit for washing your outfit!!! LOL
    As for Della reaching out to Anna-I could just see it and hear her little voice ;)
    Jenna was a bit sad tonight and wants to send an e-mail to George because "mail will take forever and ever"
    Love the kids place-wish there were one here!!
    Sending love and prayers to all of you!!!
    Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've certainly had your share of adventures - Bless you for being so patient.
    Della reaching out to Anna is just precious - can just see it!
    great to see a picture of you all -
    Do they have strollers for next time (to save Jim's back?):)
    Praying unceasingly,
    Love Mike and Donna

    ReplyDelete